Which course and applicant journey advice
Which Course? (Route Map)
How does the application process work?
- Once you have registered, you will be asked to select which course you want to apply for – the GDL or LPC. (Please refer to course route map and eligibility requirements.) When you have made your course selection, an online application form will be created for you, pre-populated with the details you have registered with.
- The form is divided into 10 sections:
- Personal Details
- Residence Details
- LPC - Qualification Route / GDL - Career Intention
- Course Selection
- Academic History
- Employment History
- Motivation and Personal Statement
- Course fee payer
- Reference Request
You may complete the various sections of the form in your own time and in whatever order you wish, however, each section needs to be completed and saved before you can submit your form.
Please note: It is important that when you come to nominate a referee, you read the guidance notes on choosing a suitable referee carefully and that you check that your proposed referee is able and willing to provide a reference for you before you enter their details into your form. When you submit your form, a reference request and login details are generated and automatically sent to your referee so that they can submit a reference for you.
- When you have submitted your form, the person you have nominated as a referee will receive an automated reference request.
Please note: Your form will not be released to the institutions until your referee has submitted a reference. It is the responsibility of applicants to check that their referee has received the reference request. If there are any problems, please contact the CAB team at email@example.com.
- After your reference has been submitted, your form will be released to your chosen institutions.
- CAB has no role in the process once your form has been released and it is the institutions themselves who will contact you to advise you of their decision when they have considered your application. We usually advise applicants to allow 5-10 working days for the institutions to respond, however, we are aware that this can take longer during busy periods.