The Derby LLM LPC equips you with a masters qualification and includes the Legal Practice Course (LPC) needed for professional practice as a Solicitor. You'll gain the in-depth legal knowledge, commercial awareness and practical skills that employers are seeking.
- Tailor your LLM LPC to suit your own professional interests by choosing from a range of electives, including Advanced Criminal Litigation, Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury, Commercial Law, Commercial Litigation, Commercial Property, Employment Law, Family Law and Practice and Private Client (Estate Planning)
- Professional facilities including mock courtroom and interview suites, enabling you to improve your vocational skills and make the transition from graduate to lawyer
- A flexible course enabling you to meet other commitments; 2 days attendance per week full-time or 1 day per week part-time and flexibility over when you sit your assessments
- Excellent pastoral care, careers advice and opportunities - increase your chances of gaining a training contract via our Professional Mentoring Scheme and our influential network of contacts within the legal profession
- Learn from a high calibre, enthusiastic teaching team made up of experienced local practitioners
- Volunteering opportunities as a student legal advisor in our Student Legal Advice Centre (SLAC)
For those interested in becoming a solicitor, the route to qualification is changing (https://www.sra.org.uk/students/). At Derby Law School we are working hard to ensure that the necessary changes are made to our undergraduate and postgraduate courses to provide our students with maximum opportunity and flexibility to further their legal career.
Find out more about this course here
Apply for full-time course through LawCAB using the LPC application form.
Apply directly to the University of Derby for part-time courses.
A Qualifying Law degree (2.2 or above) or a Graduate Diploma in Law/CPE with an undergraduate degree (2.2 or above)
Overseas students will also need a minimum IELTS 7.5 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each skills area
In addition all LPC applicants must fall within the SRA's transitional arrangements.
Graduate Visa eligibility
(Check with University of Derby)
Read about the graduate visa
Level 7 / 180 credits
Find out here what the different qualification levels mean